Monday, November 15, 2010

For Janie

Welcome!  As always, I'm glad you are here.

Today started with a phone call to Florida to wish a long time friend a happy birthday. She too is a Buckeye who got cold. If you're reading this, OLD friend, I hope you had the best birthday ever. It's hard to believe we're #%*% years old!  Wonder why we still feel sixteen inside our  heads?  Knees that squeak, fingers that stick and our mom's hands coming out of our shirts tell a different story.

  



Next on my check list today was a trip to the beach.  It was a beautiful sunny day with a seventy six degree temp.  The video that follows is for my beach loving friends.   If you're not in that category, you'll find the dolphins, sea gulls, pelicans and surf sound, recorded especially for Janie,  pretty boring.  To see the video full screen, double click.  To go back to smaller size, hit escape. 




The refrigerator is cleaned out, last minute laundry done and six pounds of Gay's shrimp iced and in the cooler.  Prescriptions have been picked up and Grace's blankey washed. Packing is not quite finished but hopefully it will be before the 5:00 a.m. ETD.  The CCU essentials (camera, computer and underwear) are in the bag.  The Buckeye State beckons.  A supervisor is required.  Number two daughter and son-in-law are moving and I volunteered to boss the process.  Granddaughter number two just presented us with a new great-granddog.  She would like him to be as well mannered as Grace, therefore, I need to boss the training.  Grace graduated number one in her obedience class.  It really doesn't matter she was the only one in the class.  Thanksgiving is on the horizon and no, I'm not supervising it but I am looking forward to visiting with family and friends.  I hear there's an exciting Tupperware party planned and a girls night out at the Chat.  Chat, short for Chatterbox, hometown's version of Cheers and home of the world's best carrot cake for two.   

"Dancing" is on as I'm writing this and waiting on the video to finish processing  Can someone please tell me how any fifty year old can look as good and move as well as Jennifer Grey?  I just hope when I'm her age, I can do that.  One good thing about blogging....I didn't have to sign anywhere to tell the truth and nothin' but the truth.

Thanks for stopping by.   I'll see you soon and until then, enjoy your days!

4 comments:

  1. You gave me for a few seconds total peace and calm watching your video. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that ocean sound!! I am really trying not to be jealous of you...but I think I'm failing. I do love your new blog and maybe it will get me through the winter here in PA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that you have been so busy moving me, that you've had to take a bloggin' break!! It sure has been nice having you here, though. : - }

    ReplyDelete
  4. And...my darling daughter...it surely has been nice being there. I'm glad we had an excuse to visit!

    ReplyDelete