Saturday, December 4, 2010

Beach Surprise

Hi!  Welcome!  I'm glad you're here.  I hope you had a great day.   

You never know what you'll see here on the beach.  Today was an extra special surprise.  A group of women were there with their horses.  They had the beach to themselves until Grace and I, our neighbor and her grandchildren came on the scene.  And what a scene it was!  Like out of a movie!  They were having a great time galloping on the sand and in the surf.  There must have been at least a dozen riders.  I had a meaningful conversation with one of the them as she galloped by.  Me:   "That looks like fun"!   Rider:   "It is but so is walking your dog on the beach!"  Very nice comment meant to make a granny feel better about being on foot instead of on horseback, however, I remember trail riding up to 30 miles a day. It is not the same.  No way.  My hair was not blowing in the breeze.  I didn't have saddle sores.  There were no bugs in my teeth.
Just saying..... 





While I was gone, Jerry was simultaneously watching WVU/Rutgers, SC/Auburn and putting Christmas lights on the roof.   He has 5 strands of icicle lights strung, 300 per strand, and the job is about half done.  We're going to play "watch the meter go 'round!"  Sparky Griswold has competition this year! He told me the bushes and palm trees are my jobs. I've never put lights on a palm tree!  I think I'll see what's new on the beach instead and let my Sparky work his magic.  If you hear of a BIG outage in the south...
it's not terrorists.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon.  Until then, enjoy your days! 

4 comments:

  1. How soon before we can see the picture of house all lite up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going for more lights after church. Hoping to get them lit before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Linda, If you don`t want to climb clear to the top of the palm trees you can wrap the trunks with miniature white lights...I`ve seen it done a lot in Fla. and I LOVE it!!! And we will be waiting on all your pictures, too!!! Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy, Happy New Year!!! Artie & Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading about your walk on the beach with Grace. It's 27 degrees here today in Steeler Country, so a walk anywhere outside requires some serious thought. Looking forward to pictures.

    ReplyDelete